Friday, December 30, 2005

Big News

This has been a really important Christmas break for Ahreum and I. We've been going out in a serious way for almost two years now. I have felt very certain that she was the right woman for me. There has always been an element of companionship in our relationship that I treasure. I love Ahreum, and I have known I wanted to cherish her for all my years.

Now I've finally been able to get up the courage and have the necessary finances to do something about it. On the day after Christmas, Ahreum and I went to Madison. I am not the most melodramatic person, so I won't tell any stories of how things happened. The important thing is that I asked her to marry me, and she said yes.

We aren't in a rush to marry, but we are quite firm that we will marry just as I finish my PhD. Until then, I am overjoyed to be betrothed.

Once more into the breach,

Ben

No comments: