Saturday, December 09, 2006

End of Term

My bandwidth limits are now refreshed over at Flickr, so I'm planning on uploading some Wales pictures.  Today.

My extremely busy term 1 is almost complete.  I really feel physically as well as mentally exhausted.  That said, its been an immensely rewarding semester.  I've succeeded in Bristol, and the students seem to be very fond of the course.  Knock on wood, I have evaluations next Tuesday.  Tutorials in Exeter have been going well too.  I'm not sure this years class will bubble forth with as much exuberance as my first class two years ago, but I have good feelings about them nonetheless.

 

What makes me most happy is that I've been talking with Ahreum, usually twice a day for the entire term.  I can't think of a better way to spend my first waking moments and the last hour of the day.  Of course this means my time to keep in contact with everyone else is reduced rather drastically.  So a big apology to everyone out there who is wondering where I am and what I've been doing.   I've got break coming up next week, and I'm planning to rectify this.

 

My biggest news is that I'm about to head over to Korea.  I'm leaving before the crack of dawn next Wednesday from Exeter's coach station, and I'll arrive in Korea at 1:00 PM next Thursday.  Its a long trip, but well worth it.  If Ahreum and I are lucky, she will get a new job while I'm in Korea.  If were extra lucky, she'll start work a little while after I arrive.  But she might start work, just when I arrive.  This is a little sad for me, but I can manage.  I'm so proud of her, and really hoping that everything comes together.

 

Now I should get to work on Locke's theory of will.  I'm reading secondary sources at the moment to make sure that I disagree with everyone else on the subject.  But not so much as to appear peculiar or ungrounded.

 

Once more into the breach,


Ben

No comments: