Thursday, March 30, 2006

Retrospective in pictures 2

I took these photographs on my visits to the Netherlands last school year, when Ahreum was working in the Hague at the International Criminal Court. Do click on the pictures, as those in the post are reduced size. All photographs' copyright mine.
Ahreum was one of the few smiling faces in the Hague. There was something of a grimness to the city, and I was happy I wasn't visiting there on my own.

This is a strange flower I saw growing in Wassanaar. To this day I don't know the name, but my parents recognized it and said they had even planted one. Maybe I'll stop being lazy and ask them the name.
This picture and the next are from the Dutch tulip festival Kuekenhof. It was a little campy, but on the whole a brilliant display of vibrant tulips. One can get a feel for the madness which the unpredictable beauty of these flowers can bring to tulip aficionados.


This is second best flower shot I have ever taken. Regrettably the best is back at home with my pre-England photo albums.

Once more into the breach,

Ben

No comments: